Sun, Mar 26|
Laughter Therapy Workshop
Hasya Therapy, or Laughter Therapy, is a practice involving prolonged, conscious and voluntary laughter among two or more participants in a group setting. This proven to be of great benefit for the body and soul.
Time & Location
Mar 26, 2023, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
Kernville, 14 Sierra Dr, Kernville, CA 93238, USA
About The Event
Hasya Therapy, or Laughter Therapy, is a practice involving prolonged, conscious and voluntary laughter among two or more participants in a group setting. Laugher Yoga, as it is also known, has been proven to be of great benefit for the body and soul based on the fact that deliberate laughter provides the same physiological and psychological benefits as spontaneous laughter: improved mood, increased immune system functioning, and moderated stress hormones.
This, “therapeutic laughter,” may seem a revolutionary concept but, in fact, it has been around for many years now. This is a form of healing therapy that can be very simple, yet profound at the same time. In our session you will learn a few bits of information and ways in which you can improve your way of seeing the world around you, always with a smile on.
The methodology of my sessions involves many forms of interactive contact between participants. Eye contact, jokes and general playful-silliness between participants is key, but much-more-so is open-mindedness in the part of each one of us, if we desire to partake fully of the benefits of our laughter session.
A typical session is structured as follows:
- Introduction: I’ll present myself to you and explain a bit about who I am and what I do.
- Question of the day: simple answers regarding laugher, joy and happy thoughts. You’ll introduce yourself too.
- Brief Summarization of benefits of Laughter Therapy: an overview of why we do what we do here.
- Entry Meditation: pre-laughter introspection.
- Warming up exercises: include breathing and warming up our body for the task ahead.
- Laughing exercises: the meat and bones of the session. We’ll laugh because we’ll laugh.
- Free laugh: you’re on your own now. This is where we reach the cuspid of our session. You’ll laugh and you’ll be joy-full!
- End Meditation: winding down and settling back into people who can drive back home with a smile on their face.
- Final comments: share your thought, feelings and emotions with the group
Laughter Therapy Ticket
Ticket for 1.5 hours of Laughter TherapyPay what you want
Donation to Riverstone
This is for a donation to our scholarship fundPay what you want